Fleet Mechanic / Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: The Fleet Mechanic performs repairs and maintenance on all company vehicles and equipment. Typical job duties include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance, inspections, repairs, fabrication, electrical, HVAC, hydraulics, fuel systems, exhaust, brakes, suspension, and emission systems.
Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose, repair, and maintain all company vehicles and equipment. Performs repair or preventative maintenance on diesel engines, gasoline engines, electric, vehicles, and equipment. This includes Motorcoaches, Medium duty buses, Trolleys, Shuttles, Limousines, shop vehicles and company equipment. Repairs and maintenance will include work on engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines, body components, hydraulic lines, brakes, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires, undercarriages, body work, and entertainment systems. Analyzes and interprets equipment condition, reports, and/or repair orders, communicates with Fleet/Shop Manager for clarification of defects and discusses preventive techniques to minimize future repairs.
Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (i.e., work order times compared to time card times).
Completes daily reports to record work hours, ordered parts, use of stocked materials, and inputs information into Fleetio - (Fleet Management Software system).
Collects, analyses, and interprets oil sampling, on-board computer codes, and fleet management software.
Understands, and applies company policies/procedures, safety practices, FMCSA, DOT, EPA, OSHA, HazCom, Lock Out/Tag Out, and all fire protection regulations.
- Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires, hydraulics, electrical, drivetrain, suspension, steering, fuel, exhaust, and emissions systems.
- At least 2 years of experience as a technician working on heavy/medium duty equipment vehicles.
- Must demonstrate the ability to service increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs.
- Working knowledge of emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
- Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree (Preferred) or equivalent in years of experience.
- Applicable ASE certifications. Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred)
- Annual Inspector Certification, (knowledge, skills, and abilities) (Preferred)
- Brake Inspector Certification, (knowledge, skills, and abilities) (Preferred)
- 609 HVAC Certification (Preferred)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screen.
- Current and valid driver's license (Willing to obtain CDL B license within 12 months)
This position requires many physical abilities in order to properly perform the job. It will include but is not limited to the following:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach, twist
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform repetitive motion
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift/lower and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The employee works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The employee may occasionally be required to travel to off-site locations as business needs dictate (mobile repairs, inspections, training, business, etc.).
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently works outdoors.
- Stable organization with a positive, people-centered culture
- Competitive weekly pay (salary based on experience and certifications)
- Safety focused work environment
- Growing company looking to expand facilities and fleet
- Clean and modern equipment
- Paid holidays, paid time off, and flexible schedule
- Signing bonus
- Tool allowance
- Retention bonus
At Affordable Limousine LLC., we’re an Equal Opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To Apply For This Position